The Clinton County Democratic Committee (CCDC) held its formal reorganization at its June 28, 2018, meeting.
The reorganization follows the Primary Election coinciding with the gubernatorial election, where voters from each precinct in Clinton County were able to cast ballots for one man and one woman to represent them on the CCDC.
Those elected in the Primary were given Certificates of Election during the recent reorganization. The CCDC also approved the appointment of a number of individuals to fill vacant committee seats.
The CCDC now has 31/68 committee seats filled. To see a full list of seated committee people and remaining vacancies, click here.
The CCDC also nominated and approved the executive board: Rose Reeder, chair; Kim Coleman and Donald Walker, co-vice chairs; Lauri Schaitkin, treasurer; and LaKeshia Knarr, secretary.
According to CCDC bylaws, the executive committee consists of the above officer positions in addition to six committee people – each representing a specific region from the county.
Following the 2014 reorganization, the CCDC began efforts to outline six regions in the county, but those regions were never approved. The 2014 map sought to create regions based on population and natural geographic barriers. The proposed regions included:
- Region 1 – Mill Hall Borough, Bald Eagle Township, Beech Creek Township, Beech Creek Borough
- Region 2 – Avis Borough, Pine Creek I, Pine Creek II, Dunnstable Township, Wayne Township
- Region 3 – Colebrook Township, Woodward Township, Allison Township, Castanea Township, Gallagher Township, Flemington Borough
- Region 4 – Chapman Township, Grugan Township, Renovo Borough, South Renovo Borouh, Noyes Township, Leidy Township, East Keating Township, West Keating Township
- Region 5 – Lock Haven Wards 1-5
- Region 6 – Crawford Township, Greene Township, Loganton Borough, Lamar Township, Logan Township, Porter Township
On June 28, the CCDC discussed and approved the regions as outlined in 2014 – and immediately broke into groups based on those regions to appoint a representative to the executive committee.
The following individuals were selected to serve on the executive committee: Region 1 – Lee Karchner; Region 2 – Linda Roller; Region 3 – Adam Coleman; Region 4 – Vacant; Region 5 – Mike Hanna Jr; and Region 6 – Paul Washington.
The CCDC meets the fourth Thursday of each month, except November and December, on the third floor of the Ross Library at 6 p.m. Seated committee members have voting privileges. The public is welcome to attend.
To learn more about the CCDC or filling a vacant committee seat, email ClintonCountyPaDemocrats@gmail.com.